Repairs and Renovation program of Saket 2018.

February 1, 2018

The Secretary,
Saket CHSL,
Thane West 400601.

Dear Sir,

With reference to the above, I have to state as under:
1) You have kick started the process of the Repairs and Renovation program for Saket this year.
2) The preparatory work was begun in 2015 when I was the Chairman and Bipin Kulkarni the Secretary, when we had held our "Open Forum for Repairs" meeting and made the first presentation for conducting repairs.
3) However, after that, specially after the change of office bearers in 2016, you and your colleague office bearers totally sidelined me.
4) Actually, I was associated with the Repairs planning and program in the past as a member of the Repair Committee.
5) Of the entire set of current Managing Committee members, I have been the most active person, very closely involved with various aspects of the Society for over a decade.
6) Still, your group, based on the majority you all have cobbled up against me, have not only sidelined but insulted and ignored me since April 2016.
7) I have no issues about the same because this is politics and for the time being your group has played the game smarter than me.
Also, as people have experienced me in the past, I continue to work for the betterment of Saket even though I may not have any position.
8) However, the Repairs program is meant for the entire Society and every members money will go into it to make it successful.
It demands a total consensus of all members, if it has to go through and hiding documents from members, giving false information, running down some members will only lead to its failure.
9) You have totally ignored me - hidden documents, refused to give them to me - you and god only know why.
10) Fine. Your group must be having a  reason to do so and again I have no issues because जिसकी लाठी उसकी भैंस.
11) But I definitely have an issue the way you all have appointed the Convener of the Repairs program. ( And the issue is not personal at all).
12) The person who has been appointed as the Convener, Mr. Shasi Nair, was the Chairman of the Managing Committee in 2001 - 2004 , when the last Repairs program was undertaken by the Society.
13) Old timers will recollect the total mismanagement of that program and how half way through, in a virtual no confidence against the Managing Committee, members of the Society took away the program from the hands of the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer and handed over the entire implementation to a Special Committee for Repairs formed by the members in an SGM.
14) That time the Managing Committee itself was in danger of dismissal but was saved by the intervention by few members - which included myself.
15) The initial budget for the Repairs in 2001 was Rs. 1.40 crores. However, it shot up and went to Rs 2.30 crores.
16) That entire overshot amount was spent from the Transfer Premium the Society had then accumulated and that had totally depleted the Society Reserves.
17) Another issue which had given that Managing Committee a bad name was that the Repairs Expenditure had an expenditure made to the tune of RS. 28 lakhs on " extra items" - what they were, the Managing Committee could not answer what were the extra items - leading to creation of doubts in the minds of members.
18) The Special Committee for Repairs under Suresh Babu had then successfully completed the balance repairs.
The reason for elaborating in detail the past experience is that most of you Committee members were not around at that time and don't know what has happened and one should learn from the past.

Like for whatever reasons your group may have to keep me away - right or wrong - I also firmly feel that due to the past experience, we must have another person- preferably from outside the Managing Committee to head the Repairs Committee. 
In fact, the entire Repairs Committee should have independent members from outside the Managing Committee,  like it was done when Mr. Chary/ Jaywant and Nagarkar were office bearers.

I recommend that Mr Parag Samel be reappointed as Convener of the Repairs program, and given a free hand.

Note: As you initially refused to give me the Structural Audit Report and gave it to me only last week after a follow up of 6 months, I am studying the Report and will give you my opinion once my study is over.

Regards,

Dayanand Nene


Member, Saket Managing Committee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Code of Conduct for Repairs and Renovation of Members Flats in Saket CHSL.

Society cannot charge or demand money / donation for the Cultural/Festival Expenses from their members/residents.

Introduction to the concept of Antyodaya of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay