TMC officials dodging RTI queries and giving rise to suspicion

September 11, 2018

The Hon. Municipal Commissioner,
Thane Municipal Corporation,
Thane.

Respected Sir,
I had sent an RTI query to the Town Planning Dept and sought information as to what action will the TMC take against any person who lies or gives false declaration or information to the Corporation to get some work done.
I had asked this information because I know of a few cases where false information has been given to TMC and upon getting the information I was to bring the instances to your notice.
I am attaching herewith the answer I have received wherein I have been refused information because according to the officer my query is “प्रश्र्नार्थक” .
Sir, please read my query – I fail to understand why answer to such a simple question was refused?
Such actions raises suspicion about the intention of the Officer.
Whom is he trying to protect?
I my case, I doubt his intent because the concerned officer who has replied to me knows fully as to why I am asking this information.

I am going in first appeal but thought it fit to point out the matter to you.

Regards,

Dayanand Nene
Alert Citizens Forum of India.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Code of Conduct for Repairs and Renovation of Members Flats in Saket CHSL.

Society cannot charge or demand money / donation for the Cultural/Festival Expenses from their members/residents.

Introduction to the concept of Antyodaya of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay